Body for Life, the Universe, and Everything

Being a description of the author's thoughts on the experience of participating in the "Body for Life" Challenge, questions of great philosophical import, and randomly selected topics of no significance whatsoever

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

In no particular order, I'm a professional lettering artist, a yoga practitioner, a cat lover, a vegetarian, a reader of everything from books to cereal boxes, married to a very attractive guy named Tom (nope, no kids), an exercise enthusiast, and a lot of other things I don't care to admit in a public forum. I have a BS in applied math that I haven't used in over 10 years, and I can put both feet behind my head. What else would you like to know?

Monday, November 06, 2006

And on we merrily go!

Okay, I admit it--two days in a row I'm using a line from Tom's show as the title for my blog post for the day. I thought I might not be able to post today because here it is shortly before midnight and once again I haven't yet posted for the day, and I was having a bit of trouble getting online from my laptop. I figured I could use the main computer downstairs because when I last saw Tom, he was working on his novel on his laptop, but when I went downstairs he was using both of the other computers at once. Three computers in this house and I can't get online! So I came back upstairs to try mine again, and it seems okay now.

Tom's show finished today. It was a pretty good show, but I'm kinda glad it's over. I imagine he will be just as busy with his novel and other things as when he was rehearsing the show, but at least when he's writing, he's usually here and I can actually talk to him occasionally.

You have perhaps heard that saying, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation" (not sure who said it)? Well, it applies to women too. That describes me pretty well, except that it's not always quiet. I don't know what I'm doing with my life, and can't figure out what the point of it is anyway. Why am I here? Why can't I do anything right? Why is anyone here, for that matter? Tom says you can't wait for these questions to be answered before getting on with your life, and he's probably right, but I just feel completely stuck. Spinning my wheels. Going through the motions. Sort of like a conductor with no musicians.

My internet connection is going completely spastic. I'm going to attempt to publish this and hope it goes through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home