Body for Life, the Universe, and Everything

Being a description of the author's thoughts on the experience of participating in the "Body for Life" Challenge, questions of great philosophical import, and randomly selected topics of no significance whatsoever

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

In no particular order, I'm a professional lettering artist, a yoga practitioner, a cat lover, a vegetarian, a reader of everything from books to cereal boxes, married to a very attractive guy named Tom (nope, no kids), an exercise enthusiast, and a lot of other things I don't care to admit in a public forum. I have a BS in applied math that I haven't used in over 10 years, and I can put both feet behind my head. What else would you like to know?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaBloPoMo

I've decided to participate in NaBloPoMo, a.k.a. National Blog Posting Month. It's the alternative for people who are intrigued by NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) but aren't quite ready to tackle writing a 50,000-word novel during the month of November. NaBloPoMo is quite a bit less daunting: simply post to your blog every day in November. That's all. If you are interested in reading more about it, hie thee over to http://www.fussy.org/nablopomo.html and check it out.

Tom (my hubby) is doing NaNoWriMo, and I am really excited for him. He was up late last night because he wanted to start with the month with a bang, so he got his first day's quota of words written right off the bat, starting at 12:01 a.m. He is trying to stay ahead of the game, so he is back at it again tonight, trying to finish 5,000 words (10% of the total) before the end of the first official day of writing. He is in between two weekends of performances of his current community theatre show (Noises Off, with O'Fallon Repertory Theatre), which closes November 5, and then in the middle of the month he is going to be recording a CD with his band, so he may have some difficulty keeping up, so he wants to get ahead while he can. I think it's great!

I have been having an interesting month. After a pretty slow workload for most of the year, all of a sudden October just exploded with work! Right now I am taking a break from a wedding addressing order I'm doing in a rather elaborate copperplate lettering style that is taking just forever to finish, and after that's done I have place cards to do for another wedding and then a batch of corporate certificates to fill in. I'm so sleep-deprived I don't know whether I'm coming or going. The other thing I've been doing with my time is working on my business website. I finally, FINALLY, earlier this week finished the text for it. Now Tom is reviewing it for me to see if he has any suggestions for improvement, and then I'll send it to my tech guru, our friend Ken. Then I have to start working on creating/photographing the work that is going to be pictured on the site. I really want to get this site up and running soon, because I'm losing money every day it's not up!!

Our good friend Tanya borrowed the book "Body for Life" from us and is now ready for me to start acting as her personal trainer. I don't know how I will do with that--I don't exactly follow the plan perfectly, especially when it comes to diet, because I have never yet managed to eat six meals a day--but I think she was impressed with the way I've developed my muscles in the last year and a half on the BFL plan. I've been taking the last month off from exercising (ever since finishing my first century ride [100 miles on a bike in one day; I see that I haven't blogged about that yet, so I will at a later date] on October 1, and then being swamped with work). I've also been trying to give my injured shoulder a rest and see if that helps it, which I think it has a little.

Time to post this and get it in before the day's end! More to come tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home