Body for Life, the Universe, and Everything

Being a description of the author's thoughts on the experience of participating in the "Body for Life" Challenge, questions of great philosophical import, and randomly selected topics of no significance whatsoever

My Photo
Location: Missouri, United States

In no particular order, I'm a professional lettering artist, a yoga practitioner, a cat lover, a vegetarian, a reader of everything from books to cereal boxes, married to a very attractive guy named Tom (nope, no kids), an exercise enthusiast, and a lot of other things I don't care to admit in a public forum. I have a BS in applied math that I haven't used in over 10 years, and I can put both feet behind my head. What else would you like to know?

Friday, November 03, 2006

Am I setting a bit of a trend here?

The title of this post is a line from Tom's current show, "Noises Off." I am referring to the fact that once again (for the third day in a row) it is ten minutes before midnight and I'm trying to squeeze in a post for the day under the deadline wire.

I went to bed about 5:30 this morning, after staying up to FINALLY finish the wedding addressing order I've been working on for a week, working into the wee hours and not getting more than five or six hours of sleep per night (or per day, as the case may be, because I haven't been to bed while it was still completely dark in at least a week). I dragged myself out of bed again this morning after just a couple of hours of sleep because I had an appointment to deliver the order at 10 a.m. Delivered the order; client was extremely pleased with my work (she even paid me more than the invoice amount, which doesn't happen very often). I expected to just drop off the order, collect my check, and leave, but we ended up chatting for a couple of hours. Very nice lady--mother of the bride, with a daughter who sounds like the prototype for Bridezilla. Came home, did some household chores, returned phone calls, checked e-mail, made some notes for my website, and went back to bed for a nap about 3:30 p.m. Slept like the dead until Tom woke me up when he got home at 5 p.m. He kissed me hello and then said, "Have you been in bed all day???"



Post a Comment

<< Home